Our Home is Your Home
Glenhaven Rest Home offers individualised care for older people who can no longer live independently, but who want to enjoy life with as much freedom and fun as possible. We are pleased to have rooms suitable for couples who would like to stay together to enjoy life.
Visitors and family are always welcome at Glenhaven, this is your home and visitors can sit and chat and join with you for a coffee, tea and a snack.
Alternatively walk across the road to the Westfield Shopping Centre for cake and coffee, or perhaps some shopping. Let us show you and your family through our home.
For more information either phone or arrange to come for a coffee and walk through to discuss your options with Mark or Rachelle, phone (09) 444 77 22 or email: [email protected]
- Homely, relaxed and friendly
- Two comfortable lounge areas
- Separate dining room
- Heat pumps through our home for your comfort
- Sunny decks
- Seating outside to relax in the sun amongst the garden
- Colourful gardens and raised vegetable beds for the gardening enthusiasts
- Bright, comfortable rooms some with outside deck
- Light and airy
- Curtains are unique to each room
- Call points easily accessible from bed
- Bed lights for reading
- Wi-Fi available & TV outlets
- Hand basins with vanity unit and mirror
- Single rooms or large double rooms for couples.
- Some rooms with elevated views across Auckland to Waitakere Ranges
We provide furniture, but encourage personal belongings for bedrooms such as
- Your favourite chair
- Photos, art
- Favourite blanket
- Glenhaven prides itself on having delicious meals and snacks cooked in our kitchen by our full time chef
...more about our meals
- Our activities Programme is regularly updated to cater for individual, interests and capabilities
...read about our activities
- Our genuinely caring staff treat each person as an individual and ensure residents feel at home and valued.
- Trained staff who attend regular in-house training and other courses
- Warm, friendly staff who treat everyone with respect and empathy
- Visiting Hairdresser
- GP - Dr Taylor is on call at all times and at the house regularly
- Families are encouraged to meet with the GP to discuss any concerns
- Residents can retain their own GP
- Our Registered Nurse writes and coordinates residents individual care plan, outlining their overall wellbeing. Regular reviews for each resident.
- Dentist 100m down the road
- We have an open door policy so resident’s family and friends are always welcome and we are only too happy to provide light refreshments.
- Ministry of Health certification
- Independent Audit carried out by Health Share Limited
- Current Building Warrant of Fitness
- Fire department approved evacuation plan